Friday, September 26, 2008

Too Long, but Short Update

Last weekend I went to Okoboji, IA for my cousin Amy's wedding. I flew into Minneapolis and stayed the night at my brother's new house. GORGEOUS and in a cool funky part of town; perfect for them! They are dealing with a toilet that overflowed and flooded their main floor which was super sad and destroyed part of their new flooring! Yeah for homeowner's insurance. We drove with my parents to IA for the wedding and it was a blast. Dancing, talking, and family!

This week at work has pretty much flown by and I am super busy. We have Bible study on Monday night at our house, sign language classes on Tuesdays, small group on Wednesday...We are nuts but hey it is fun!

Best part of the week, Cory surprised me with symphony season tickets! He took me to the first one on Tuesday after dinner. Another blessing by the way. We order everything and then our waitress came and told us the man at the front when we walked in paid our tab! The man thought Cory was military and wanted to thank him for his service. We never saw or spoke with the man. How amazing! We are blessed!

3 comments:

Christel louise said...

That is way cool. You guys are blessed. Love you, see you tomorrow.

Erin and Tim Zickrick said...

That's great to hear!!!! :) I'm excited my bro surprised you with season tickets! You'll have to tell me how it was. AND let me know about your sign language class. :) Mine's AWESOME!! I miss y'all and love that story about your tab getting paid. Yay!

mdlycan said...

How has the symphony been??? I think there was one last night?!?! I hope it's been fun! Any comparison to my high school concerts? j/k!