Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My Out...

So last night I was playing softball with my UNDEFEATED church team. I play catcher which is perfect for me because while I am athletic and competitive, softball is not my best sport. I make goals every year, and this year's goal was to get an out at home. I will sacrifice my body to prevent the other team from scoring, just never had the opportunity, until last night.

The other team had a man on 2nd and 3rd and the guy on 2nd ended up trapped between 2nd and 3rd. Thus we had to choose where to throw and chose to throw to 2nd thus allowing the man on the 3rd to try and run home. My dear, dear, friend Ellen was playing 2nd and proceeded to throw from 2nd to me at home. It bounced once, I caught it, and dove to the left barely making the tag preventing the run! It was so awesome that I threw my glove and ball into the air in celebration totally forgetting about other base runners. Like I said before, softball is not my best sport and I have only played for 2 summers. But, luckily, the ball went straight up and straight down.

I love summer!

2 comments:

Katie Glathar said...

GO GFCC! That is so fun! Thanks for sharing.

mdlycan said...

WOW!!!! Good for you!!!! That would have been a fun game to watch! :-) I hope you weren't playing Valley.... :-)