Friday, June 5, 2009

Blood on White Couches



My Zoey! So while this picture is from her puppy days, it is still a picture of how sweet she is. Last night she managed to break off her entire back right claw and it bled everywhere! My next door neighbor happens to have an animal first aid kit (you have to know my neighbor to know she has everything and can do anything; I am spoiled). We had to cut all the fur away from her paw, clean it with iodine, and stop the bleeding with a big gauze pad. She was such a trooper. While holding her, she just kept licking me over and over again looking at me hoping it would be over soon. She is walking with no limp though and playing rough with sister Savannah like always. What a night with dog blood on white couches! Needlessly, I am exhausted. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

mdlycan said...

Oh no!!!!!!! Poor Zoey! I hope she heals soon. Good thing you have a pseudo vet for a neighbor. :-) Good luck cleaning your couches!