Thursday, December 18, 2008

We missed the memo...


(Sorry the image is small. It is from Facebook)

These three ladies at one point were all my college roommates. From the left, Emily, lived with me my senior year. Allison, the blonde, lived with me 3 years, and Katie lived with me 2 years. All three were bridesmaids in my wedding and this picture is from our wedding week about 2.5 years ago. So why put the picture up now??

Well, I missed the memo we were all going to moms before June 2010. Emily had beautiful Alyssa (who you can see on their blog; check out Pollards link) who was born June 21 and now Allison is due with baby boy on March 15th and Katie is due May 27th. NUTS!!

Congratulations to my lovely, beautiful friends! All are, or are going to be, great moms. I love you and can't wait to see pictures. I'm just bummed I don't get to see the babies as soon as I would like.

This of course begs the next question; when do we want to start a family? If I had received a memo, Cory and I would have thrown it away/ignored it. Three words are definitely keeping the baby issue at bay; JAMAICA IN MAY. So now you know you don't have to be in suspense about if anything is happening before that. This is all we know though. Just because we go to Jamaica does not mean we want to start trying when we come back either. So now you don't need to ask about the baby situation.

And Rae, if you read this, you are next following Anne's theory...The summer of 2007 weddings started in this order and I know because I was in all of them: Emily and Lemar on May 19, Cassie and Chris on May 24, Allison and Zach on June 9, and Rae and Matt on June 16. Emily had Alyssa on June 21,2008, Cassie (who is not in the picture but also a dear friend and great mom; check out the Donatells link) had Malachi in July 2008(sorry I don't remember the date Cassie), and Allison and Zach are due in March. Rae let us know when you are due!

J/K! Love you Rae and wait as long as you like. We are!

P.S. Cory and I do want a family, we just don't know when yet. When God says we are ready, we'll be ready.

1 comment:

Cassie and Chris said...

Take your time you'll know when you are ready. But ultimately God knows, even if you don't think so. So don't be surprised if you wake up one morning and feel a little different. =)