Monday, February 28, 2011

Bike Rides and Birthdays

First, today is sort of my birthday. I am a leap day baby, which creates more interesting conversations than I ever would have thought. People will argue that my birthday isn't until the day after February 28th but I argue my birthday is the day before March 1st. Besides, how do you explain to a 4 year old that this year her birthday is in February and then when she turns 5 it is March? Also, my mom claims she had a February baby, so a February baby I am! With the conundrum of when to celebrate, I end celebrating for about week. Presents come early and late, dinners are based on weekends, and different restaurants offer free entrees within the week of your birthday!

Bigger today than my birthday is Cory starting the Austin Police Academy. Thus, I decided I would be proactive and get up early to start my day. Let the dogs out (which means down and up three flights of stairs), had a great quiet time, and some work done before Adley woke up. Then I wanted to work out and thought what a great day for a bike ride. Cory bought me a great bike and bike trailer to go on long runs with him when he trained for his 50 mile race last year. So I thought, let's whip that out and go on ride. I start riding and see that the tires are little low; expected considering a move to lower altitude. So I ride to a gas station, pay $.75 and instead of getting air, it flattened the tire more! Thus, I walked the bike and trailer home to write this post.

Why is it the day you need to call your hubby is day he is completely unavailable? Not anyone's fault, but figures!

No comments: