Thursday, December 3, 2009

Planning...

Are any of you planners? I definitely am, and not knowing when the baby is actually coming is starting to frustrate me. I just like to plan and God doesn't let have enough control sometimes!

I should take that back because if I was given more control, I would screw it up. I just wish I can plan things like:
1. When family should come so they aren't staring at me waiting to have a baby and getting to Montana is expensive!
2. When to have a baby dedication with both sets of parents in town.
3. How much time will have between start of maternity leave and actual baby time. (I go officially on January 1 and have project I will be finishing up from home for work, hopefully. I don't actually know when she will come in order to know how much work I will get done.)

God just pinged me right now: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, with prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

I will shut up now!

4 comments:

Marian said...

Ask Veronica what happens on the day you are suppose to start maternity leave. All those things you have planned before the baby comes. Looks like a Jan 1 baby.

Unknown said...

I know where you are coming from. As you know, I'm a planner, too. We were in a "tight spot" because LeMar's employer wasn't going to allow him any time off when the baby came other than the ability to be with me in the hospital for L&D. But you know what, God's timing IS perfect. LeMar had to only take 1/2 a day of sick leave to be with us for L&D and then he was off the next four days because that was his schedule! Waiting for D-day can be hard, but take it from me 1) EVERYTHING will work out perfectly, so stop worrying, 2) don't rush it; as much as I wanted Alyssa "here and now", the last month of being pregnant was FAR more restful and relaxing in spite of the anticipation than the first month of being not pregnant again, and 3) when Adley comes, everything else will fade away; I was in the middle of a summer semester course when Alyssa was born, and I didn't even THINK about school for at least a week much less DO anything for my class.

Unknown said...

I know you are a big planner...me too! Don't worry, it will all work out. In the end, it doesn't matterif your parents are there for the dedication, or how much work you get done, because you will have your sweet baby. However, that being said, over-planning is part of my sinful nature as well so I understand! Try to enjoy the holidays...I am so excited for your baby to get here!!!!

Love,
Katie

mdlycan said...

Praying for you, Cory, and Adley! Miss you!